Omurice!

birb uwu

Chirping
Dec 14, 2019
Houston
https://imgur.com/7ngxA1w

I made some the other day and I thought it was really cool so I thought I'd share my recipe! We don't sell that many of our eggs so sometimes when we have no buyers they sit in the fridge accumulating for ages and eventually go spoilt. I made this since my friends told me an omelette was a good way to get rid of them and I wanted to spice things up a bit!​

Ingredients -----
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 1/2 cups of rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of frozen mixed vegetables (defrosted)
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
- Salt
- Pepper

- 2 chicken/duck eggs or 8 quail eggs (I used quail eggs because they were the oldest ones in the fridge, think it's 4 quail eggs to 1 chicken/duck egg)
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- A teaspoon sized scoop of frozen spinach (defrosted)

Instructions -----
1. Gather all the ingredients.
2. Chop the onion finely.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion in it until it's soft.
4. Add the mixed vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the rice.
6. Add ketchup and soy sauce and mix everything together evenly. Move the fried rice to another plate and clean the pan.
7. In a bowl, whisk the egg, milk and spinach all together.
8. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in the pan with medium high heat and spread it all over the surface by tilting the pan.
9. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and tilt around it again to spread it evenly all over the of the bottom of the pan.
10. Place the fried rice on top of the omelette once it's around half way cooked.
11. Use a spatula to fold the sides of the omelette to cover the fried rice. Move the omurice to
the edge of the pan.
12. Hold a plate in one hand and the pan in the other hand, flip the pan and move the omurice to the plate.
13. Dress it with tomato sauce as you like! I like to put a smile or a drizzle pattern on top.
Donnneee!!
When you're finished it should look like the top image (but obviously not exactly like that since I think the pic is from some professional chef guy so yeah)

Good luck cooking!​

Back
Top Bottom