On AOL this morning

Seems unfair to ban all chickens in the city when there are a few nuisance chicken-owners. The people whose animals were in the neighbor's yard should pen them in & prevent wandering. The city shouldn't ban all fowl outright just because of s few cases like that.

If chickens are outlawed, only outlaws will have chickens.

City folks!!!

We don't have that kind of stuff now. It's more quiet now. You don't hear roosters crowing."

What could be more bucolic than roosters crowing in the morning? Now, lets see them institute a ban on all the dogs in town.....that barking goes on ALL night long!! There are no QUIET residential areas in a town.....cars driving by, cars with a deep bass boom driving by, dogs yapping, sirens alarming, etc. If they can drown out those annoying sounds, why not a little ol' rooster? Its just plain snobbery, really. Noone wants to pay big bucks for a home they want to brag about and live next to the Beverly Hillbillies.....
lol.png

Hm, is this a trend? Well then, I say BAN city people with their mansions and subdivisions from dividing up the country side. Make them all stay in the city limits and put a fence around them.
gig.gif
Make them buy their groceries at the SUPER market like they like to.

Sounds like another knee-jerk reaction by local politicians. A few people complain about someone else's lifestyle and the result is a new law restricting what someone else enjoys/feeds their family with.

Everyone who gets banned from having chickens should replace them with a few pit bulls. j/k

My next door neighbor in the back who likes to call in complaints had a HUGE party last night. Swearing, yelling, fireworks, booze, camping on my land, running through my perennials.
barnie.gif

But if I would have called for disturbing the peace, or even went over to talfk to him about the property line, I am sure he would have found some reason to call on me. How petty.

On the other hand, if there are a lot of commercial chickens in the area, there is the ability for disease to spread to those backyard chickens and vis versa, so that gives incentive to increase biosecurity in the area. I know Ark. has a lot of chickens for comm. purposes, so there is that to think about. I think it isn't fair to limit the ability to have BY chickens, but at the same time, I wouldn't want my chickens always getting sick because of the airborne diseases from those plants.

I hope there is a middle ground that can be reached for those people.

Back
Top Bottom