On day 3 of trying to hatch an egg in my boobs

Ok, some pictures as promised. In the first image you can see a chick zipping and hatching without assistance. White membrane looks normal, membrane isn't too dry or too wet.

In the second image you can see a turkey chick that I had to assist slightly, it had zipped all the way around but the membrane was tough and yellow/brown in some areas and the chick was unable to tear it.

In the third image you can see that the pip locations have dried quite a lot and is almost brown because the Marans chicks were slow to hatch but the membrane was still plenty moist everywhere else and the chicks were able to zip on their own.

2-18-20 Silkie Hatching (3).jpg

Turkey Hatching Minor Assist 7-11-19 (1).jpg

8-12-19 (15).JPG

Hello all!
So I'm very new to chickens. I recently bought two adult Silkie hens, and impulsively stuck their egg in my bra Friday night (they were housed with a rooster up until I bought them around a week ago). It's currently in a sock inside my sports bra, under/between my boobs. I'm just scared my melons will crush it, those things are heavy haha!

Anyway, how soon can I tell if anything is developing? It's been 2 days, today will be the 3rd. I've slept with it in my bra, just have to sleep on my back lol.

So uh. Any tips? Anyone done it before?

I have a few other eggs I'd like to hatch, but for those I will be building a homemade incubator. There's only so much room under my melons, after all!

I have a 40-watt incandescent bulb, now just trying to figure out whether to use a Styrofoam box, shallow plastic box or a cardboard box for the body of the incubator. I live in the Caribbean so it's pretty hot and humid here.
OMG, heard first time in my life, Thomas Edison only intented to brood duck eggs but u did it with chicken eggs. Made self made incubator with foam box that is insulating one, use thermostat for temperature control or you can you thermostat with humidity controller so u can control both temp. as well as humidity and use a small fan inside.
You can check youtube too for easy incubator making tricks.
Good luck with your chicken eggs.
All the best hope you will hatch them.

Ok, some pictures as promised. In the first image you can see a chick zipping and hatching without assistance. White membrane looks normal, membrane isn't too dry or too wet.

In the second image you can see a turkey chick that I had to assist slightly, it had zipped all the way around but the membrane was tough and yellow/brown in some areas and the chick was unable to tear it.

In the third image you can see that the pip locations have dried quite a lot and is almost brown because the Marans chicks were slow to hatch but the membrane was still plenty moist everywhere else and the chicks were able to zip on their own.

View attachment 2114555

View attachment 2114560

View attachment 2114564
Wow, thank you! I thought translucent white = okay and solid white = bad. So when I saw solid white I panicked :(

Back
Top Bottom