On day 3 of trying to hatch an egg in my boobs

Pics
Also, if one of my silkies doesn't go broody soon, I will be taking her eggs and putting them into a homemade incu...I have a 40 watt incandescent bulb already, if anyone can suggest the best setup (styrofoam, plastic, cardboard etc) that's given you the highest hatch rate, please hit me with it! So many different designs on YT are confusing the living daylights out of me. :D

If this boob egg fails, I also have a bunch of game bird eggs I'd like to try this with. I just really want to succeed at least once LOL!

I hatched my quail in a homemade incubator. I used sheets of insulation foam to construct it. It's not pretty but it's big and can be customized to add egg turners if you wanted. I also used the glass from an 8x10 picture frame to create a large viewing window....though before my next hatch, I'm going to add a 5x7 viewing window on another side. In the picture, the thing leaning against the incubator is what I put the eggs on. It's made to fit over a large tin pan from Dollar Tree that I use to put water in for humidity. I need to replace the viewing window that's currently there because it cracked when I dropped it when bringing it outside for cleaning. I might look into plastic when I revamp the bator for my next hatch. Oh, and the lid for the bator was inside so That's not in the picture lol

incubator.jpg

Hello all!
So I'm very new to chickens. I recently bought two adult Silkie hens, and impulsively stuck their egg in my bra Friday night (they were housed with a rooster up until I bought them around a week ago). It's currently in a sock inside my sports bra, under/between my boobs. I'm just scared my melons will crush it, those things are heavy haha!

Anyway, how soon can I tell if anything is developing? It's been 2 days, today will be the 3rd. I've slept with it in my bra, just have to sleep on my back lol.

So uh. Any tips? Anyone done it before?

I have a few other eggs I'd like to hatch, but for those I will be building a homemade incubator. There's only so much room under my melons, after all!

I have a 40-watt incandescent bulb, now just trying to figure out whether to use a Styrofoam box, shallow plastic box or a cardboard box for the body of the incubator. I live in the Caribbean so it's pretty hot and humid here.
Wow please let me know how that works for you. That's very interesting. As I bought a baby chick the other day and I put it in my brooder and it cried so I stuck it down in my boobs and it went to sleep and was quiet. So I get it. The temp should be fine but how is the humidity in your boobs? How are you doing that part?good luck and I'd like to know the out come and u should be able to candle it tonite . My eggs were and it's only 4 days jow and I see chicken veins in mine.

Wow please let me know how that works for you. That's very interesting. As I bought a baby chick the other day and I put it in my brooder and it cried so I stuck it down in my boobs and it went to sleep and was quiet. So I get it. The temp should be fine but how is the humidity in your boobs? How are you doing that part?good luck and I'd like to know the out come and u should be able to candle it tonite . My eggs were and it's only 4 days jow and I see chicken veins in mine.
I've candled it lots of times by now, lol! Baby is definitely growing and kicking. I live in a very high humidity area, my hygrometer oscillates between 40-60% without any water or anything, and I assume it's even higher humidity in my boobs lol.

I've candled it lots of times by now, lol! Baby is definitely growing and kicking. I live in a very high humidity area, my hygrometer oscillates between 40-60% without any water or anything, and I assume it's even higher humidity in my boobs lol.
Wow very interesting to hear. I'm in the usa but in texas and humidity here bout knocks you down as I'm from ohio. If it works , ya I know it sounds crazy to some but I'd give it a try myself. That would be so neat to have a boob chicken. Every now and then imagine a broody hen myself cause I've been k own to put a live baby down my shirt to hush it up

Wow very interesting to hear. I'm in the usa but in texas and humidity here bout knocks you down as I'm from ohio. If it works , ya I know it sounds crazy to some but I'd give it a try myself. That would be so neat to have a boob chicken. Every now and then imagine a broody hen myself cause I've been k own to put a live baby down my shirt to hush it up
You ought to do it and we can run (almost) parallel eggsperiments! XD

I have about a month of crappy weather then heat and humidity galore. I'll take you up on that then. Soon as the rain stops in a few weeks I'll be good to go!! Boobie chickens. Is it just me or are we just to bored and getting old. Lol
I'm sure the likes are having some chuckles with them reading this. But hey the kids are grown I'm 13 hundred miles away my dog just stays outside dont like to mengele a d my silkies are quiet birds and they kinda keep to them selfs my husband is always at work or sleeping my rat only wants my food when she is hungry. And to bite me and take off through the house. My fish and lizard are in tanks and lizard bites and I can't seem to keep the fish from drying out when played with so I dont think I could play with them. So I'm sure that's why I sometimes keep my baby chicks in my bra. It needs me. But not now my silkies took over and dont even want me to try and touch the baby. Lol very protective for some reason and one will bite ya. .. its bordem, its lonley, so its boogie chickens for us. Lmao

I'm sure the likes are having some chuckles with them reading this. But hey the kids are grown I'm 13 hundred miles away my dog just stays outside dont like to mengele a d my silkies are quiet birds and they kinda keep to them selfs my husband is always at work or sleeping my rat only wants my food when she is hungry. And to bite me and take off through the house. My fish and lizard are in tanks and lizard bites and I can't seem to keep the fish from drying out when played with so I dont think I could play with them. So I'm sure that's why I sometimes keep my baby chicks in my bra. It needs me. But not now my silkies took over and dont even want me to try and touch the baby. Lol very protective for some reason and one will bite ya. .. its bordem, its lonley, so its boogie chickens for us. Lmao
This little hen loves this spot. Should have seen my goat yrs ago it cried and I couldn't fit it in my bra so I brought it in my house.. maybe this mite be a mistake but I can't hear a animal cry without going into mother mode. Lol

Attachments

• 20200309_091954.jpg
    20200309_091954.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 36

Back
Top Bottom