On day 3 of trying to hatch an egg in my boobs

Pics
He's kicking like an eggbeater, so I think he's good so far. I'll wait for him. <3

My other boobeggs appear infertile, if they are then I will try again with fertile quail eggs. I hear quail produce as well as chickens and with less feed and space, so at least we will have eggs if placed in quarantine. I'll post pics of the adults when I get the pics, would be amazing if you could share what breed it is <3 I'll be sitting at home now with no AC so temperatures should stay more constant lol.
Quail eggs are very small so you need like 4 to equal a chicken egg but they do lay like crazy. Mine did. Plus it's a shorter incubation. I like quail. Funny little birds but very flighty.

IMG-20200321-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20200321-WA0000.jpg

These are the adults! Which kind would you recommend for a beginner quail mama? Or are they the same breed lol. Their owner doesn't have much info for me.

I have turkey starter feed already put away for them. :D In case, you know, the boobcubation is successful.

Still no sign of a pip. Come on baby Mommy wants to meet you! 😅😅

Last edited:
Get the brown ones. They a brown coturnix. The white is a&m coturnix.

Sam thing different color. They white are more aggressive, one a blood spot is fojnd they tear each other up. The brown are way easier to manage. They fully mature and start laying at 12 to 13 weeks. 4 to 6 females per roo. Hatch in 18 days. No broody in them. Got to incubate. Brooder wise, put down paper towels, no wood shavings. Put feed on the floor of the brooder in a pile for the firat few weeks. Put a chick water in where they cant get into it, skinny rim type... easy, good to eat. Its the quail that gets serves in restaurants. Ive had thousands of em in the past. Easy...

View attachment 2057676View attachment 2057677

These are the adults! Which kind would you recommend for a beginner quail mama? Or are they the same breed lol. Their owner doesn't have much info for me.

I have turkey starter feed already put away for them. :D In case, you know, the boobcubation is successful.

Still no sign of a pip. Come on baby Mommy wants to meet you! 😅😅

That looks like a wild type and English white. I love quail. I have 15 right now and they really are prolific egg layers. I've been watching your post from the beginning and have been considering trying to incubate an egg in my bra too (I'm just as crazy!). I live in Florida so temp wouldn't be an issue. I'd probably put most in the incubator (as a control) then one or two in my bra. They only incubate for 17-18 days so I think it's doable!

That looks like a wild type and English white. I love quail. I have 15 right now and they really are prolific egg layers. I've been watching your post from the beginning and have been considering trying to incubate an egg in my bra too (I'm just as crazy!). I live in Florida so temp wouldn't be an issue. I'd probably put most in the incubator (as a control) then one or two in my bra. They only incubate for 17-18 days so I think it's doable!
you girls could start a hatch-a-long just for boob eggs.

Back
Top Bottom