On day 3 of trying to hatch an egg in my boobs

Pics
That's the yolk. The abdomen itself was normal size but very very squishy and soft. There was no odor that I could tell.

Ok, nevermind then, it just hadn't been absorbed yet. It's interesting that you had an issue with moisture build up in the air cell when your boobs should be fairly good humidity...did you add something wet that may have caused the additional fluid build up?

Ok, nevermind then, it just hadn't been absorbed yet. It's interesting that you had an issue with moisture build up in the air cell when your boobs should be fairly good humidity...did you add something wet that may have caused the additional fluid build up?
I wet my clean finger once or twice and placed a drop on the membrane because it was getting white and stiff. It definitely wasn't a lot of water though like barely a touch of it to soften up. Oh God...did I drown her? :hit:hit:hit:hit:hit

Last edited:
I wet my clean finger once or twice and placed a drop on the membrane because it was getting white and stiff. It definitely wasn't a lot of water though like barely a touch of it to soften up. Oh God...did I drown her? :hit:hit:hit:hit:hit

:hugs I'm sorry! I don't know... I would recommend not applying water or oil to where the beak is/the pip location. Most of the time the membrane is still moist where it's covered but if you're doing an assist and opening the air cell you can apply coconut oil, or antibiotic ointment without pain relief, or water with a q-tip to the membrane everywhere but where the internal pip is. You don't want it to cause the membrane to stick to the nostrils or aspirate the chick.

:hugs I'm sorry! I don't know... I would recommend not applying water or oil to where the beak is/the pip location. Most of the time the membrane is still moist where it's covered but if you're doing an assist and opening the air cell you can apply coconut oil, or antibiotic ointment without pain relief, or water with a q-tip to the membrane everywhere but where the internal pip is. You don't want it to cause the membrane to stick to the nostrils or aspirate the chick.
I would think the dry membrane would be more brittle.

I tried to avoid the beak, just to wet the parts where the membrane was white and stiff...but...idk now :( I do have coconut oil so with the quail that's what I'll use if I need to. And ONLY far from the beak.

Back
Top Bottom