On my way to getting chickens.

Pics

Appalachickens

Songster
Dec 19, 2020
East Tennessee
Hello from East Tennessee. My husband and I bought a piece of land in the Appalachian Mountains and are going to build a home in the woods in 2022. I am planning to raise some chickens and a couple of ducks there - just layers at first - and I joined so I can be researching before I start. We’ve partially cleared an area for the chicken yard and I plan for us to put in the coop and the run mid-2021 so that we are ready to go when the next spring rolls around. I’m enjoying reading all the threads and gathering ideas for predator-proofing and so on (I had no idea raccoons were so vicious!) I’m having a hard time waiting and am driving my husband a little nuts with my constant talk about the future chickens. 😆 I look forward to getting to know folks here and learning from others’ experiences.

Hello from East Tennessee. My husband and I bought a piece of land in the Appalachian Mountains and are going to build a home in the woods in 2022. I am planning to raise some chickens and a couple of ducks there - just layers at first - and I joined so I can be researching before I start. We’ve partially cleared an area for the chicken yard and I plan for us to put in the coop and the run mid-2021 so that we are ready to go when the next spring rolls around. I’m enjoying reading all the threads and gathering ideas for predator-proofing and so on (I had no idea raccoons were so vicious!) I’m having a hard time waiting and am driving my husband a little nuts with my constant talk about the future chickens. 😆 I look forward to getting to know folks here and learning from others’ experiences.
Don't worry. I've had chickens for a decade and still drive my family nuts talking about them

Hello, and welcome to BYC. Set your goals, plan and prepare and you will be successful in establishing your flock. Hot wire is a great mammalian deterrent, and a properly covered run/pen will protect against aerial predators. Go easy on your husband. In spite of our selective hearing we are still sensitive beings. :lau

Back
Top Bottom