On the term "show quality"

I think if you have high quality breeders, you should use that as a selling point for chicks, but just not try to tell people that the chicks definitely will be the same quality as the parents.

Thank you, Henry and Speckled Hen.
Excellent thread!
big_smile.png

What I would like too see is if some one is selling from a "show line" is proof of it. Does the APA have list of who won what from year to year?

The APA has a list of "Master Breeders", people earn points for showing at APA sanctioned shows.

There are also other titles, but I cannot remember them at the moment.

Maybe someone else could give some more info on it.

You never really know,
Till you take it to a show!!

Unless I meet someone at a show, or get referred by someone who shows, I would not assume anything to be show potential. Go to the show, and buy the bird with the ribbon on it's cage...that's how you get show quality. But the next judge may not think so. If you think your bird meets a standard, enter it! The entry fees are cheap enough....

Many of us are trying to develop an "eye" for a quality bird.

Thanks for a good thread!!

Nancy

May be a ribbon or I would go on the word some people that have been proven to be honest. I am sure that there must be some papers from shows or something but I am not sure because I have never shown any birds they may be some sort of certificate. Does anyone Know?

Thanks for the great contributions to this post.

Henry

Thank you for posting this. I was just reading an ad for show quality chicks, and was thinking, that is not possible. There is very little chance to know that the day they hatch.
smile.png

LOL if you classify "show quality" as that I think all chickens are "show quality".

A favorite EGGBID ad of mine was for Show Quality Black Stars.

Back
Top Bottom