On To The Next One

Oh, good, Cyn, I love this part. I have to live through you guys that hatch until I get up the nerve to do it myself.
lol.png

Went fine with my dad. That neighbor couple have lived beside him for about 25 years and they're nice people. We walked my acreage that I'm selling on the trails we cut a long time ago and try to maintain and the fall colors were gorgeous. Then went out to eat. My dad was emotional since this is the anniversary of my mother's death in 1999. He's remarried but we just wont talk about that part. Grrrr. 'Nother story!

Another pip! My Blue Orp just now pipped. That's three out of the four pipped and one Ameraucana to go....till a couple of days from now when the next round hatches.

The pipping is my favorite part, too. I usually don't have any problems hatching and this Fridge-a-Bator is the best hatcher! Its so super insulated that it holds the values very steady. Makes it easy on me.

Using a little fridge like you did is a great idea! Since I can't seem to stop incubating, I've really got to do something about a hatcher, so I thought I'd try to make one. I think I'll look for an old fridge since your is working so well.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your new babies are all pullets!!

You know, Lori, the little dorm fridges are only about $100 brand new, I think, maybe a little more. If you cant find an old one, you could get a new one and take out the compressor. For a few more supplies, you have less money in it than most styro-bators with all the accessories.

Here they are-the one on the far left is the only one not pipped.
DCP_8511.jpg

That's true. I can probably come up with one at a garage sale or something, though, then it would be even cheaper. I may have to do some snooping over the weekend. . .

Boy, those pips sure look like pullet pips to me!!! Ha!

Back
Top Bottom