On To The Next One

That is a tray my DH made of wood trim scraps with green plastic garden fencing as the bottom. We placed the shelf liner on top of that. The water is in a ceramic dish up on a shelf to the right of that tray. Check out this Fridge-a-Bator thread to see more details:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=22395

ok I got it! I will be ready to take them out of the turner ....thanks again!
and congratulations on your babies...Also, I was praying for you during your double yolk ordeal....I hope you felt my prayers....

This morning, Day 21, Silver's egg has pipped, but nothing from Charlotte's yet. I only have those two due today. Two more go into the hatcher this Sunday, then the bigger hatch of eight goes into the hatcher on the 21st.
***Silver's chick hatched about 1:45 EST and still no pip from Charlotte's egg. Maybe it's sibling thrashing around in the bator, cheeping its little head off will inspire it to come out and play.

Tonight, the end of Day 21, with no more movement from Charlotte's egg, DH pipped the aircell. We found a perfectly formed chick, completely absorbed yolk, apparently too large to maneuver to pip on its own. It completely filled the egg. Crud! It was beautiful, too. Well, two more go in the hatcher on Sunday, then two other sets later on.

Back
Top Bottom