Once Again! DAY 21! DONE! PICS PG 9-12-13-15 MORE UPDATES IN A MIN.

BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Hey everyone!
frow.gif

It's that time again! today is day 17 for my chicken eggs!

This is my first chicken egg hatch of 2009!!!!

As of right now i have 16 chicken eggs all with growing chicks.. i candle on day 15 and all 16 had chicks moving

The 16 chicken eggs i have in my bator are....

Buff Orpington x

Wyandotte x

BBN = Bantam Nacked Neck ( Blue/Black/Splash )

NNF = ( Blue/Black/Splash ) Naked Neck <
fl.gif

Frizzles

My last chicken eggs hatch was 4 silkie eggs and the Humidity was WAY high i think it was 100% and it wouldn't go down for anything! no matter what i did it wouldn't go down so out of the 4 eggs 2 hatched

So this time i bought a giant Sponge and cut it into chunks i wet one Sponge and put it into the hatcher bator last night and the Humidity was great it stayed between 65 and 70% but this morning when i woke up it was 33% because the Sponge had dried out so now i have to Figure out a way to keep the Sponge wet without opening the bator top and this Sponge doesn't take water in if you lay the water on top of it you have to squeeze the sponge for the water to go in it
hmm.png
so any ideas on that would help ALOT

I don't put the eggs in the hatcher until tomorrow so as of now i and pretty much thinking on how to keep the Sponge wet

Temp has been steady at 100

Once again there will be TONS of pics!
smile.png

So are ya with me!?!?!?!?!

Last edited:
does your bator have vent holes in the top?? If so you could take a syringe type thing(narrow turkey baster) and squeeze the water out onto the sponge that way without opening the top....
Just a suggestion...
good luck..can't wait to see pictures..

Thanks everyone! so glad your with me i need you all with me through this
smile.png

i think i have the humidity thing fix i am about to leave to buy a hygrometer and i found a long rubber tube you use for fish tanks the tubes for the air bubbles.. i will push water through that with my baby bird hand feeder thingy..lol

so far everything is going great!

****UPDATE****

Alright everyone it's finally day 18!!
wee.gif

eggs are off the turner and in the hatcher.. now we wait..lol
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom