Once again I would like to know from the larger breeders what is the best incubator for peafowl eggs

Thank you Chicksnmore for that piece of knowledge. When you make a safety hole what do you use -- a safety pin unfolded? Interestingly I had a yearling white father four white chicks.

My guys got coccid and I think Blackhead when I was gone for a week helping my son move from Denver, CO to here in SC to be with me -- because my husband passed away last year. So I absolutely had to leave, and I thought the girl I left to take care of them was knowledgeable and do what I asked. I don't want to write the rest of the story, but I lost quite a few chicks and one adult.

I have 20 colors, and I actually have 7 green birds, but two are 2023 babies. I have four whites, with one being the one who survived the coccid/blackhead. Still I don't think all of the 2022 will be fertile because two of the colors -- Spalding Silver Pied and Spalding Bronze Silver Pied don't have much if any eyes. All of my India Blue varieties -- India Blue, India Blue Black Shoulder, and IB Silver Pied have long tails and had no tails last year. Same with Purple nice long tail. The ones I bought last year were supposed to be all juvenile, but they started laying so I started incubating and hatching. It was a surprise to me that any hatched because I only had White (I have two hens), IB Pied, and straight IB laying. Purple laid some infertile eggs, but two hatched and they are both Cameo Pieds.

Thank you Chicksnmore for that piece of knowledge. When you make a safety hole what do you use -- a safety pin unfolded? Interestingly I had a yearling white father four white chicks.

My guys got coccid and I think Blackhead when I was gone for a week helping my son move from Denver, CO to here in SC to be with me -- because my husband passed away last year. So I absolutely had to leave, and I thought the girl I left to take care of them was knowledgeable and do what I asked. I don't want to write the rest of the story, but I lost quite a few chicks and one adult.

I have 20 colors, and I actually have 7 green birds, but two are 2023 babies. I have four whites, with one being the one who survived the coccid/blackhead. Still I don't think all of the 2022 will be fertile because two of the colors -- Spalding Silver Pied and Spalding Bronze Silver Pied don't have much if any eyes. All of my India Blue varieties -- India Blue, India Blue Black Shoulder, and IB Silver Pied have long tails and had no tails last year. Same with Purple nice long tail. The ones I bought last year were supposed to be all juvenile, but they started laying so I started incubating and hatching. It was a surprise to me that any hatched because I only had White (I have two hens), IB Pied, and straight IB laying. Purple laid some infertile eggs, but two hatched and they are both Cameo Pieds.
I use a screwdriver. I gently tap the shell over the beak until it chips, then I use a sewing thread puller to lift off a small bit to make the hole. I aim for a hole about 1/8th of an inch round for pea eggs.
I'm sorry to hear of your losses...both your husband and birds. That must have been a hard year for you. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom