One baby slower to get feathers

3Roosters1Hen

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
Frederick County, Maryland
I have 3 RSL/RIR mix (that's what they told me at SS, anyway). They all look and act fine, and all are about the same size.

All 3 have their wing feathers coming in and some on their neck/shoulder area. 2 have a lot of tail feathers and the other has hardly any.

Do I have 2 roosters? Or do I have 1 sick baby?

Also, 1 of them is pooping what looks like light brown styrofoam. It's formed but foamy looking. All the other poop is what I would expect chicken poop to look like.

I'd appreciate your insight.
Thanks!
Tracy

My less feathered chick ended up being a roo, but could you post pictures?
On of my sex link hens has always pooped a bit different looking that the others, ever since she was a day old. She is healthy and happy and a year old now and still poops a darker color than the others and slightly wetter. It runs in the range of normal though.

I wish I could post pictures but my camera died. My new one is being delivered next Monday (just ordered it this morning). I can't wait to share pictures though.

A roo? I guess that means I need to buy more babies so I have more girls.
smile.png

I think dh will understand that logic. Don't you?
lol.png

I have two kinds of chicks at almost 3 weeks. My pullets are getting much longer tail feathers than the roos. This may be the breeds but they are 2 different ones. Hope this helps. O'Yea i'm sure hubby will understand so go ahead and get some more. (Didn't think anyone here would discourage that did you)? Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom