One black spot and flopped over comb

sierra7760

Hatching
9 Years
Dec 16, 2010
I just noticed it yesterday. She also seemed to be acting a little wierd the past 2 days. I've got 4 hens that somewhat traveled in twosomes, but recently I keep finding her off by herself. Yesterday she was closing her eyes alot, and I'd just see her sitting in the coop with her head in her wing. This morning, she seems to be better- eating more and with the other hens. The other hens are fine. Anyone recognize this?

1) What type of bird , age and weight. Red-sex link probably around 4-5months
2) What is the behavior, exactly. see above
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? 2 days
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? no
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. no
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. seemed to be eating less yesterday.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. haven't seen it
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? none
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use coop with leaves, birds free roam the backyard.

I have some good pics, but not sure how to attach them. I did go to the upload screen and got this URL below

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/73969_img_5739.jpg

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
........now it would help alot if you could give more info. theres a sticky at the top of this page maybe fill it out so we all could have more info. thanks

How is she acting this evening?

If she's still acting badly, where do you live? And when did that black spot appear? Does she have any more black spots on her face anywhere?

Back
Top Bottom