mdpfeifer

Chirping
11 Years
Jul 15, 2010
Creston
63203_imgp0580.jpg

63203_imgp0581.jpg

63203_imgp0583.jpg

This is Arial's first egg at 26 1/2 weeks. It is hard to tell from the pictures but it is a pale mint green. She is the 2nd out of my 4 babies (2 buff orpingtons, 1 light brahma and an EE) to lay and the first one to actually use the nesting box. She picked the only one that had golf balls in it. HOORAY
big_smile.png

I'm finally back to being excited about my girls laying...after a 2 month strike, I got my first blue egg from my Black Ameraucana hen this morning. Whoo-hoo. I know your excitement. Congrats...she's a pretty lil' girl.
clap.gif

Yeah, I knw what you mean about dying waiting! My 2 older EE pullets are about 30 weeks old now.......one started laying about 10 days ago. The other I'm still waiting on. {sigh} She has 'looked' ready for weeks now too! And the roo has been breeding her for a couple weeks now. I keep thinking every day that there will be a new blue/green egg out there....but nuthin.
sad.png

Then I have two younger EE pullets that are 25 weeks old - and nothing from them either! Oh, well - I've just about given up that they will EVER lay now. LOL

Back
Top Bottom