one blue swedish is quacking~I think I have a pair!!

Henrietta23

Songster
12 Years
Oct 20, 2007
Eastern CT
Well it's quiet, but it is definitely a different sound than the peep they have been making. I believe they are 4 weeks old. We got them two weeks ago today and were told they were about two weeks old then. They seem to be getting some tail feathers and I keep checking to see if one looks more like a drake tail than the other. Do I still have a bit of a wait before I know if I have boys or girls or one of each? Thanks!

Last edited:
Oh that is adorable! I can't wait for my peeps to quack!
smile.png

It really is! How old are yours now? I finally figured out which one it is. The other one is still just peeping. How cool would it be if I actually managed to pick out a pair??
cool.png

Mine are only a week old...bummer I have to wait for SOOOOOOO much longer!

I'm completely addicted to ducks and geese - I don't know what has come over me and I can't explain it.

My kids are like - our place looks like a petting zoo - stop buying those things!

As far as picking out a pair - you'd be a genius! Hehe!

(Us duck people - we get excited over the littlest stuff.)

Post pictures!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Quote:
LOL, just had my son's birthday party. Not one person there "got it"! I have 12 new chicks waiting for me to pick up this evening. Yay!
As for your one week olds, we didn't get ours till they were already two weeks old so you get to enjoy that stage too!

Quote:
Ooo, how old? Why do you think she is a girl? Mine are just getting tail feathers. They're getting sick of me staring at their tails to see if they look like drakes!

Ooo, how old? Why do you think she is a girl? Mine are just getting tail feathers. They're getting sick of me staring at their tails to see if they look like drakes!

They are 6 weeks old. When I was at TSC getting them, there was another customer (from here-- that's where I heard about BYC), who showed me how to "vent sex" them. Don't know how accurate her method is. I guess I'll know for certain when their tails feather out​

I like our ducks but I will be so glad when they can outside to stay!!! They are so messy and stinky. We got ours a couple weeks before Easter and they were probably a couple days old. They are quacking and they have a crest head.

jackie

Quote:
Mine hatched the weekend before Easter so yours are just a little older than mine. I am starting to see some feathers on their wings. Soon!!

Back
Top Bottom