one blue swedish is quacking~I think I have a pair!!

Okay, my ducks are almost 6 weeks old now and one is definitely quacking and the other is not. No difference in the tails yet. I'm hoping I have at least one hen. Two hens would be great, a pair even more so. They're getting lots of feathers and I'm going to try them outside in their little insulated dog house this weekend. It's only going to be 68 degrees during the day though so I'm concerned about night temps. I'll post pics soon. It's been nuts at work this week.

2 months old now and they are almost definitely a male and a female. The one who quacks is lighter. The one who doesn't has a fuller tail and I think I'm starting to see a feather grow longer and start to curl. I'm thrilled to say the least!
cool.png
DucksMay10.jpg

they are really lovely!
yur so lucky to have ducks!!!

i'm sure they are thrilled to be living in your big, beautiful back yard with the rest of your little zoo!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thanks! They make me very happy so I'm glad to make them comfortable here. It is turning into quite the little zoo. Now if I add goats I'm sure the neighbors will be calling. Need to have more eggs to bribe them with first.....

Back
Top Bottom