one breed, so many different egg colors & sizes? (photos)

Quote:
Mary, I feel as smart and as blind as a golf ball right now. ACK!

*hides under rock of shame*

LOL LOL LOL

technodoll, you are great! Thank you for the laugh
lau.gif
, it sounded very much like something I would say. My husband will just look at me and shake his head knowing full well that yes I am blonde!

Technodoll..............I'm certainly not an expert, but I don't think you're going to get eggs from her. I see pointy saddle feathers......I think you've got a rooster.

Maybe someone with more experience can verify for sure.

Quote:
I agree. There's no way that pink egg could be "hers" because umm, well, see....that's not a pullet.
lol.png

Yeah, I looked at "her" and thought it was a "him"... Then I figured I was seeing things, but read into the next page, and saw that I wasn't as crazy as I thought I was!
wink.png
If he does lay an egg, PLEASE do start a new breed
lol.png
!! Meant with as much silliness as possible of course
hugs.gif

Quote:
Uh, that's a rooster.

Was going to say to the OP though - I only have ONE brown egglayer and there is a bit of variety with her. Different colors, shades, shapes. Eggs are not made by machines they don't turn out all exactly the same. That's my take on it, anyway. I think it's interesting to look at them all compared to each other in the carton. Leghorn eggs just aren't anywhere near as fun.

Last edited:
PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE ALL JOKING!!

The barred rock is a ROO???

I'm going to cry!!

This means I have 3 roos in a flock of 14 birds??

Oh my god what am I going to do when the BR is mature enough to realise she is a he and then he starts fighting with my two silkie roos (who get along great btw)?

This is a disaster!!

Are you guys sure?
hit.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif

I thought the same thing. Comb and wattles at one month, and now those nice long tail feathers coming in, yep, its a roo in my book till he lays an egg.

Back
Top Bottom