One chick is fading.....

littleandlewis

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 30, 2011
I am brand new to chickens and doing everything I can to do it right. We have 6 chicks about 2.5 weeks old. This afternoon I noticed one of them to be lathargec. It stands and walks and preens itself.....but it is not nearly as energized as the others....and it was a day ago. I have not seen her drink or eat...and her butt is clean. She closes her eyes and starts to fall asleep at every opportunity.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

When I first got my chicks they were having the same problem. two died before I tried Sulmet with them. They are healthy and happy now. Maybe try some Polyvisol or Sulmet?

When I first got my chicks they were having the same problem. two died before I tried Sulmet with them. They are healthy and happy now. Maybe try some Polyvisol or Sulmet?

Get an eye dropper and giver her some water with electrolytes. I use save a chick and it seems to help perk them back up. I also recommend medicated chick starter if you are not already feeding that. Keep the temp around 85 degrees and lower it by approx five degrees each week.

Hope she makes it.

Back
Top Bottom