One chick lagging behing size and lethargic

Judykaymayes

Songster
Mar 2, 2023
One of my 5 mo ol dchicks Turken is not growing as well and fluffed up weak thin and smaller than her mates and has some feces on her tail. she has some food in her crop any suggestions is there any dewormer that is easy to locate i can use in them.?And i have Rooster Booster.

Last edited:
One of my 5 mo oldchicks Turken is not growing as well and fluffed up weak thin and smaller and som feces on her tail that her mates she has some food in her crop any suggestions is there any dewormer that is easy to locate i can use in them.?And i have Rooster Booster.
Sounds like it may be coccidiosis if she is looking cold. Do you have any corid on hand? I can give you the dose to try. Also, you can give vitamins before and after the corid, but not during, it renders it ineffective.

Have you seen any worms in their droppings? Most vets would be willing to do a fecal float for you if you are thinking that is the issue.

Sounds like it may be coccidiosis if she is looking cold. Do you have any corid on hand? I can give you the dose to try. Also, you can give vitamins before and after the corid, but not during, it renders it ineffective.

Have you seen any worms in their droppings? Most vets would be willing to do a fecal float for you if you are thinking that is the issue.

Absolutely. Let me know if she doesn't perk up after a couple of days on the corid, we'll think about other things we can try.

Back
Top Bottom