One copy of Dominate White and one copy of Dun?

Quote:
The chick in question seems to have an equal mix of dun and white. I am having trouble having it show up in pictures. It is 3 quarters silkie, and one quarter polish. I think the mother is dun. The father is white or faint cream, there is a definate yellow/gold under the white and his tail is black. He was a peachy color as a chick.

When hatched he chick almost look like a lavendar chick with a few darker almost dun spots on it.

Quote:
This is the sire. I am not sure how well the yellow under color will show up. He was almost peachy as a chick with more black specks. Now the black is mostly on his tail. The woman I got him did not know his genetics.

48966_img_3191.jpg

I will take a picture of the mother when I let them out of the coop. I am almost certain she is dun.

These are the 3 chicks. I think there are a couple more to hatch this weekend.

This is the one I am asking about.
48966_img_3257.jpg

48966_img_3260.jpg

These are siblings. The lighter one reminds me of the color the mother was as a chick.

48966_img_3261.jpg

48966_img_3262.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I can't be sure. It is my guess. I got the bird at our local chicken stock. The girl told it me it was a silkie cross polish, I did'nt think to ask more at the time. I've thought she was blue or dun or both. I hoped the chicks would clear it up a little.

go plug this into the calculator:
Father:
ewh/ewh Co/co+ Db/db+ S/S i+/i+
Mother:
E/ewh Ml/Ml Pg/pg Id/i+

then see if you cant trust the calculator, you should see a recombinant of an incomplete dun laced silver wheaton (which this chick is)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom