One Craaaaaaazzzzzyyyyy Rooster

jeffandmindyx6

Hatching
11 Years
May 25, 2008
Indiana
Hi everyone! long time reader, first time poster. I have this rooster. ( it's a cross between a Rhode Island Red rooster and whatever hen he got ahold of) Anyway.... This rooster wants nothing to do with the rest of the flock. He stays away from all the other chickens and does his own thing. ( I let my chickens free range around the property) But that is not by far the weird thing. He is facinated with basketball. My son will go outside to shoot some hoops from time to time and this rooster will immediately join in the fun. He will sit on the sidelines and watch my son shoot the basketball then when my son decides he's done and drops the ball the rooster will run over to the basketball , jump on it and roll it around the yard. He's not very good at staying on for longer than a few seconds but he sure is getting in the practice and getting better.We have tried to get him on the cam corder but he is camera shy (lol). Has anyone else ever heard of a chicken doing crazy stuff like this?

Oh now, you can't tell a story like that without pictures!

We want pics, we want pics, we want pics...

tongue.png

Hey CritterHill my wife is all over the task of taking a picture of this rooster for you. We have a small 8 second video of it but not sure if it can be put on here or not.

Back
Top Bottom