One day(hopfully) Kid watch...her ligs are gone

Jazlyn

Songster
12 Years
Sep 30, 2007
South Mississippi
Hi. Amelia, one of our new Nigerian Dwarfs' ligaments are almost completly gone. We should be having babies today! I am so glad. We just sold our first set of 2009 kids Saturday. I miss being a baby goat mama.....and sleep...

Amelia has been realy big for a first freshener. I think she may have trips in there. I realy hope they are does
fl.gif
. Our first kidding was twin bucks.
roll.png

Here is a pic from last month. I'll try for a new one but she is not as big because the kids have dropped. Her udder is much bigger now though.
chickensgoats078.jpg

Doesn't look big? She is hidding them! Look at her left side.
chickensgoats074.jpg

& proof she is not dead...she was only sleeping
chickensgoats095.jpg

I can't wait!

Last edited:
She is making me crazy! She is only having small light contractions every 15 min. or so. Her ligs have been gone for about 8 and a half hours now. I think this may be the longest I've had one go without kidding after the ligs are gone! She does not seem to uncomfortable. Well, she is in a pen with about 4in deep fresh hay. I think she is pretty comfortable. When should I get concerned?

Ligs are never reliable around here since they can come and go....how about the udder? is it huge and tight? When was her due date? Is she doing any of those labor signs like pawing and pawing, gritting teeth, stretching waaaayyyyy out? Getting up and down withing a matter of a couple minutes?
Those light contractions may just be her lining up kids.
You don't really have to worry unless you see a bubble and no kids come within 30-45 minutes, if the bubble BREAKS then you want kids within 5-10 minutes....or if she pushes HARD lots of times and nothing progresses...

We just delivered twin bucks.......Again.....
barnie.gif
They are very healthy little biggish guys. One is an odd silver cream color(pretty!) with frosted ears & the other looks just like Amelia. One already has three teeth. What an over acheiver! Amelia did realy good and she is SO good on the stand for a FF! I will try to get some good pics online soon. The internet is slow tonight. Thanks everyone...and special thanks to Thunderhill. It's good to know they can hold them in...well kinda....
idunno.gif
The wait is killer!

Back
Top Bottom