One duckling with the runs but not the other

Okay I will get this all squared as I’m cleaning their pen now and putting them out on this sunny 70 degree morning. They come and go through our old doggy door it’s quite amusing. They’ve just seemed odd. Also can anyone recommend a good way to give them a ramp. I don’t want them getting hurt jumping out of the pool as I know feet can be sensitive. Thank you! Will keep you posted for changes good or bad.

One has plain fresh water the other has 1 ml of the b complex. Probiotics is fine for after stress but I wouldn’t use it on a daily basis.main thing is getting the b’s in them so they have strong leg muscles.
A33AE26B-2BC9-42DE-9788-3F92AFCB472A.jpeg

Okay I will get this all squared as I’m cleaning their pen now and putting them out on this sunny 70 degree morning. They come and go through our old doggy door it’s quite amusing. They’ve just seemed odd. Also can anyone recommend a good way to give them a ramp. I don’t want them getting hurt jumping out of the pool as I know feet can be sensitive. Thank you! Will keep you posted for changes good or bad.
I use bricks in and out of the pool for Ducklings.

I’m only worried because they are a very clingy duo named chicken and goose. They go everywhere attached at the hip. Chicken the female has awful diarrhea but Goose the male is fine just a little wobbly. I will go get the liquid b and as far as the nutritional yeast goes the person I contact here at our local tractor supply said to hold off on that and mealworms, I have obviously recently question that judgment because this is the second time they said something that I felt was just wrong. They wanted me to use wood chips as bedding and I bought that would be a super hazard for the curious babes. They don’t really get anything I don’t give them unless it’s some grass or their ever favorite spiders. We have generic friendly house spiders all around which was another reason to get the ducks, to help exterminate the ever growing populous. Thank you for all your advice. I am going to start it out and update when things either improve or if for some odd reason they don’t. Anyways I am definitely going to start coming here for more information instead of a store where they clearly know nothing about ducks specifically.
No offense to TSC employees, but some don't even own waterfowl, poultry, or livestock. Some don't even know anything about the products they sell.

I would definitely do nutritional yeast and vitamin b like @Miss Lydia suggested.

Im using Flock Raiser by Purina for my chickens and soon to be ducks (they arrive the 31st). It was suggested on here instead of what I was currently using (chicken feed). They say it has enough niacin in it for ducks, I will still give them a little extra just in case... I'm planning on using nutritional yeast on their food because it's beneficial even if there is no deficiency!

I heard frozen peas in their water is good too for niacin!

I'd get the B-complex ASAP and get them started on it. You could put out a small bowl of something they love like tomatoes, meal worms, peas then put the B on it so that they are getting the full benefit. I generally don't put it in the water only because I'm afraid it will dilute too much and they do make such a mess with the water.

I fed my ducks about the same feed everyone else uses plus added brewer's yeast to their food when they were tiny but apparently, it wasn't enough. My runners started having shaky legs really bad but once I gave them the B for a while they stopped doing it. It's good for all kinds of things so I always have a bottle on hand.

Back
Top Bottom