Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
YAY Cheyl, I have yet another local BYCer to stalk
lol.png

don't stalk me...let's be friends!
smile.png

LOL, OK....

So I have a question? SInce Tigtoy bumped the bid by hundreds of $'s and then immediately backout - does that mean it goes back to the last bid before he jacked up the price??? I've never seen this happen before-I mean people bidding on something so beautiful and expensive and then backing out last minute??? I swear Im not being a jerk I would just like to know-
hu.gif
There's alot of huge auctions going on right now ( not as big as this though) and gosh I would hate to see this happen again-

Quote:
Sorry to but in but I would ask the same question. I know these birds are for sure worth this plus more! I do feel a bit uncomfortable for Cheryl as he really bumped the bid by huge amounts...this is not just $25.

Does it stand as is or will someone step in and correct things? Just wondering what happens on Cheryl's behalf...
idunno.gif

Quote:
Any auction site that the bidder could have retracted his bid would have brough the price back down. I would guess that in all fairness she should be paying 651.25 which would have been the high bid if his was retracted.

Quote:
I do agree Nat. I'm not understanding the bid history. So Tigtoy must have put in $1,000 bid, and Cheryl outbid by .25, right? But Tigtoy wanted to retract their bid at $651.25? For Cheryl to win it she would have to bid at least 25 cents higher than the highest bid...which for Tigtoy would have been the $1,000 submitted offer....but for Cheryl should have been $651.50, right? Hmmm. As long as everyone at auction end is happy...they are beautiful birds. I guess the rest is up to the seller and the buyer. Hopefully people won't place a bid without being committed to see it through.
hmm.png
I'm not sure if this is a first, or just the first "we've" seen.

Live and learn.

Last edited:
Based on Tigtoy's only other post, seems they are in canada so they couldn't have taken possession of the birds anyway...Doesn't seem fair
sad.png

I do love these birds and am so excited to be apart of this amazing breeding program.

The Staff is aware and it is being handled privately.

It is inappropriate to discuss private auction matters openly.

The winning bid was placed a couple hours after the attempted retract. The OP had a plan in place if tigtoy was not outbid. However, he was so all should be good.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom