One extra male

Adamjanisse

In the Brooder
Aug 4, 2019
So the guy that was supposed to take my extra male fell through. So now I got fighting just kinda starting. And since these first few ducks are pets it will be hard to put down my extra male will he suffer much if I turn him into an inside duck. And bring him around with me. Or will he miss the flock. I've seen people keep males as pets outside of the flock. Really trying to get him his own flock of females but know one seems to want a male khaki. They all want my Welsh Harlequin s

Why can't you fence him off next to his friends? I've got an area all ready to go for when my 3 drakes get out of hand.

Last year I had to separate my 1 drake from his SIX girls. He was miserable running up and down the fence line all day. He had a divider in the pen too. Then I had the idea to put his best girlfriend in with him and life was so much better for everyone with those 2 being together.

Once the hormones calm down he can probably go back with the rest.

Why can't you fence him off next to his friends? I've got an area all ready to go for when my 3 drakes get out of hand.

Last year I had to separate my 1 drake from his SIX girls. He was miserable running up and down the fence line all day. He had a divider in the pen too. Then I had the idea to put his best girlfriend in with him and life was so much better for everyone with those 2 being together.

Once the hormones calm down he can probably go back with the rest.
That's perfect I'll try that on my day off

Only got two. I live in the city and we have a three bird limit. I'm already testing it with four ducks. And a chicken. I bought them all as babies and was hoping for all females. Ended up with two and two

This is the little divider I made for Sambo last year. It just slides into the pen but he can still see everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    798.2 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom