One eye closed at 5 days old.

jjaazzy

Songster
11 Years
Mar 2, 2013
Davie, Fl
I picked up 20 chicks at a feed store that was offering them free with purchase. Picked them up Saturday morning and I guess they were 3-4 days old. They were shipped in. So now they are best guess maybe 5 days old. Anyway Sunday night I noticed one had an eye closed. I picked her up and noticed both were now closed. I put her back in the box and she can open the one eye but not the other. She seems healthy, and there are no signs of infection or swelling. I think it's that the lid never opened. But can't be sure. What do I do with that?

Not really, I just went in and tried to give it some probiotic/electrolites.. She didn't want it. I do see her under the light trying to sleep. I will start keeping a closer eye. She might be slipping.

Not really, I just went in and tried to give it some probiotic/electrolites.. She didn't want it.  I do see her under the light trying to sleep.  I will start keeping a closer eye.  She might be slipping. 

Keep this thread updated with any new developments. There are tons of very nice and knowledgeable folks on here who will help you shoukd you need it.

Back
Top Bottom