One less Chicken Killer In The World!!!!!

Quote:
There is no bounty on coyote in Maine.

Been hunting for close to 50 years and there has never been a bounty on them.

Really? My neighbor had told me there was one. Perhaps it was awhile again and no longer exsists. I am in west gardiner
smile.png

There have been a lot of talks about the state placing a bounty on them, those talks have gone nowhere as of yet.

When the coyotes first started showing up the state even denied they were here.

They also deny that other things are in the state as well.

Quote:
What are they saying you don't have?

They've been saying for years that there are no big cats here in NH, but you talk to some of the old timers living in the woods and they'll tell you differently. The state also denied that there are any wolves here, but finally agreed that the reason our coyotes are the size of small trains is because they have mingled with wolves. The state couldn't really deny that after a state wide DNA collection of captured coyotes proved it.

Quote:
We have had it put out in our local paper that the population is growing here...but I was in Cleveland for Thanksgiving,,and my cousins were all telling me that they have them near their homes and have seen then running through the yard chasing the cats....they live in the city so they can not shoot them...

Quote:
What are they saying you don't have?

They've been saying for years that there are no big cats here in NH, but you talk to some of the old timers living in the woods and they'll tell you differently. The state also denied that there are any wolves here, but finally agreed that the reason our coyotes are the size of small trains is because they have mingled with wolves. The state couldn't really deny that after a state wide DNA collection of captured coyotes proved it.

The same critters, I give almost zero validity to any pronouncements by the state wildlife people.

There are all kinds of critters in private hands that shouldn't be and those don't always leave via dirt naps.

This state as you know has a very large area that is prime habitat for wolf and they cross over from time to time from Canada weather any stay here I can't say, but they do come here.

I was out deer hunting many years ago when a long tailed very large cat crossed the path in front of us, it left tracks all over the place. The color was correct as was the size. I'll let you figure out what it was.

There is a private party in Limington (next town over) that claims to be keeping wolves and wolf dog hybrids, she is currently being investigated by the state seems she is lacking the proper permits. I also understand that the feds are interested as well. I don't expect to hear a lot about things until she winds up in court in about a year if they find enough to file charges on. There is more than a little of this kind activity going on.

In this state you don't even need a permit to keep a wolf or wolfdog.. no one is ever shocked about wolf sightings in northern Washington.. the typical policy on anything that causes you big problems here is SSS the 3 S rule SHOOT SHOVEL SHUDDUP. this usually applies to Coyotes, Wolves, Cougars, Bears, Rampaging Moose (the most dangerous animal) and stray dogs... if your family or chickens are in danger... you follow this rule..

Quote:
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Anyway I know up here in Maine there is always a bounty on coyotes (I believe it's the skin you have to bring in). Good hunting!
thumbsup.gif

Theres no bounty here but there should be. Almost everytime I go hunting I see one. Most of the time their out of range.

Yea I know about the out of range! saw one running across the bean field where I was deer hunting and decided to take a shot 444 Marlin at 300 yards NO I DIDN'T HIT HIM but the .308 definetly put him on the move!!! Shot was definetly with intent to KILL. But not as funny to him

Ernie

Quote:
Really? My neighbor had told me there was one. Perhaps it was awhile again and no longer exsists. I am in west gardiner
smile.png

There have been a lot of talks about the state placing a bounty on them, those talks have gone nowhere as of yet.

When the coyotes first started showing up the state even denied they were here.

They also deny that other things are in the state as well.

Ah, perhaps that is where the confusion came in. Thank you for clearing that up
smile.png

As for the other critters they deny are here....
somad.gif
I know there are wolves and I know there are mountian lions. I don't give a rat's rear what the State's official word it. I know what I have seen.
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom