One less opossum

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by SS, Aug 6, 2009.

1. SS

SS In the Brooder

Jun 8, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    Well just barley 7 days after Killing my first raccoon, I took out an opossum near my coop. It was a lot easier this time cause I let him out of the trap and then shot him, It felt more natural than shooting a caged animal A little more risky but that is fine with me. Now if I can only catch that Turtle that is eating my tomatoes [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  2. cw

cw Songster

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    you can never kill enough opossums

3. threehorses

threehorses Songster

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston
    Congrats! On both the raccoon and the possum.

Shooting him out of the cage is safer because of less chance of hitting that metal. So good job on that.

Where there's one, there are more. We've killed six here this week - welllll a car killed one. We killed the other five. Raccoons are next.

4. rufus

rufus Crowing

May 17, 2007
    Google "possum and sweet potatoes." If you shoot it, you might as well eat it.

Rufus

5. threehorses

threehorses Songster

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston
    You know, I actually thought about that this week. Not eating them, because they're carriers of protazoa which nearly killed my horse this year. But of people who DO eat them. I thought " if anyone knew I had thrown away three possums in a night that they could eat, they'd slap me!"

I did have someone once who chided me for throwing away the "perfectly good" raccoon that we shot out of a tree.

I promised him that the next time I got one, it was his.

I wouldn't give him my possums, though, because of the EPM risks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: