One Less Squirrel

Peppermint oil seems to be a repellant to them. I started using it a few years ago after a squirrel decided that the wiring harness on my tractor would make a fine meal. Since using it, I have not had any squirrel damage around my barn or on any equipment. Squirrels eat wire insulation to obtain the minerals in the insulation according to the cable tv technician.

Anyway, a local farmer told me that peppermint oil repels them and I believe it works. Mix with water and use a pump sprayer to apply it.

To spray, it’s 2 teaspoons peppermint oil per cup of water. Add a little soap to help the oil adhere and spread.

Does it work? It has for me. Here’s a link for using it on mice. All rodents have the same reaction. https://rodentguide.com/peppermint-oil-to-get-rid-of-mice/
Awesome, thanks!

Secure the feed and the squirrels will leave. Treadle feeder, a spring loaded door is a must. The feeders with the upward swinging lid are useless against even tiny ground squirrels. Nothing wrong with "relieving him of further responsibilities" but another squirrel moves right back into the territory.

peppermint oil? I have never tried that before. I always use flour and onions. Get a pellet gun. I hate eating squirrel and finding shotgun pellets. A shotgun blast might slow down egg production.
Live and let Live is best but when you have destruction, danger or brown gravy? Live and Let Die. 911=007

I have literally never had a problem with a squirrel. They plant tons of trees everywhere and they're the main factor preventing deforestation

Back
Top Bottom