one little chick just not growing...strange walk too

We have a RIR boy who was the same way when he hatched,and just like yours,walked with his legs out like he couldnt bend them.Other than walking around like a peguin,he was doing fine.Now he is getting around pretty good,even though he is the runt.Might be all it is.I hope this helped.Good luck with your chick and just keep your eye on it and make sure it does alright.

I've got a runt. She had trouble hatching and I had to help her out. She is half the size of the other 11. I hope she makes it, she is very pretty but so tiny... and NOT a bantam.

So far our little boy is still kickin it with his mates,running around like nothing is wrong.He walks,runs, and whatever with ease.If I remember correct I helped him out too.I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

Thank you guys! She's my favorite. she seems quite happy, just slow and waddley (and so little!) I'm so impressed with her fellow chicks, some of them are 2 -3 times her size, and no one ever picks on her. I hope she makes it!

With the vitamins make sure you get the ones WITHOUT iron. I think when I was told to give vitamins it was a dropperful(maybe not, that sounds like too much, will look), but if she is that small I would only do a few drops 2x a day......

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom