One Lonely Chick

MesMama

Songster
6 Years
Apr 22, 2015
Iowa
We took in a random chick that hatched in a friend's coop because she doesn't have the setup for it...one itty bitty chick. So we have the MHP setup, she's eating and drinking, but she will not stay under that MHP for anything. Anyone have experience with just one chick? No one around here has any that I can get her a friend. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

We took in a random chick that hatched in a friend's coop because she doesn't have the setup for it...one itty bitty chick. So we have the MHP setup, she's eating and drinking, but she will not stay under that MHP for anything. Anyone have experience with just one chick? No one around here has any that I can get her a friend. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
I also have a lone chick as it was several days behind the others and Mom was not feeling the love. A stuffed animal has helped nighttime. During the day, he hangs out with me. It is also happy to befriend the cat, but this must be supervised.
moose.JPG

How hot is is? She might not need the MHP at all during the day.

A mirror or stuffed animal can help be her "friend" in lieu of another chick, though ideally you'd want to see about getting another baby or plan on integrating her early so she's not alone for too long.
It’s warm, but we have her inside because she chirps when we walk away haha!

Back
Top Bottom