One more question and then I'm done, I swear...when do roosters start crowing?

JustAileen

Songster
6 Years
Mar 16, 2014
OK, so I have what I'm pretty sure is a girl/boy pair of gold laced brahmas. One is developing significantly differently from the other. I'm not allowed to have roosters, but I would LOVE to get some eggs out of them if I can. So my question is do roosters start to get really noisy BEFORE they're able to be daddies? I'm kind of hoping to get some fertilized eggs from them before I have to say goodbye to him. Long shot, I'm sure...but I want to be sure so I turned to the experts. ;)

I would never have thought of that. I wonder if we have a vet here who could do that....

I would never have thought of that. I wonder if we have a vet here who could do that....

You need to call and find out and if they don't ask them if they know of a Vet who
would or could as they do get together and have meetings you know .....

Good luck
D.gif

Well, MY vet doesn't, but we have several aviary vets and when I called they recommended a place in the more rural area of town, so I think I might have a good option! Thanks all!

Okay, this is off topic and maybe none of my business, but if you can't keep your current rooster, what are you going to do with the 50% roosters you hatch out from the eggs?

Roosters around here are always wanted, I live in a suburban area on the edge of a rural area. :)

Back
Top Bottom