One of four 22 week old EE

milola

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 7, 2013
Finally laid an egg yesterday. I was a little disappointed because the egg color was a sort of ugly light khaki greenish color. Rather putrid looking.

Barely a greenish tint. More khaki than green but not really beige like a light brown egg. It really isn't pretty. I would have taken a picture but it probably wouldn't have shown true and it was on the thin-shelled side with a hole broken at one end.

Ha. Had it been olive it would be nice. It is much too light to be considered as such, I would think. What surprised me, is that I expected for it to be blue inside and it was the same weird color inside and out. I thought EE's having the blue egg gene made the greenish colors by being mixed with brown egg layers hence getting the brown or beige paint job over the blue colored calcium layer. Pfffttt. Shows you how much I understand about all of this.

Each girl will have a color that is unique to her. I think the expectation for BLUE eggs with EE is highly inflated. (In other words, false advertising. An EE can lay a very blue egg, but it can also be putty, brown, pink, green) So, it's not a brown egg. That makes it unique. Enjoy that first egg.

Back
Top Bottom