one of my hens got sick, what I can do for it?

Much more information needed. Tell us what kind of feed she's been eating for the last 3 years and when did the diet change to seeds, bread and noodles?
Chickens are omnivores and need a much more varied diet but the best thing is a complete poultry ration.
Has she ever had chicken feed?

Bread and noodles are far from appropriate for chickens.

Why not?

I started feed bird food, laying eggs pellets and bread after they were six month old, I think those are healthy food for chicken, because they gave back us all eggs average 100 gram weight, big and tasty. I just think the sick one got some bacteria and want to know how to cure her.

he.gif
how bout spend yo money, buy CHICKEN FEED, and you get healthy chckens

...Tell us what kind of feed she's been eating for the last 3 years and when did the diet change to seeds, bread and noodles?
Chickens are omnivores and need a much more varied diet but the best thing is a complete poultry ration.
Has she ever had chicken feed?
Please answer the above questions.

pretty much, after eating around my large backyard, they don't eat too much the food I give to them.
Well you've been starving them.
Where are you located. Unless your yard is a lush pristine tropical foraging paradise 12 months of the year, they don't have sufficient nutrition.
There are a multitude of health problems that can come from incomplete nutrition.

I started feed bird food, laying eggs pellets and bread after they were six month old, I think those are healthy food for chicken, because they gave back us all eggs average 100 gram weight, big and tasty. I just think the sick one got some bacteria and want to know how to cure her.

Bird food? As in wild bird seed? Woefully low in protein for chickens, not to mention some vitamins and minerals.
Bread is too high in salt and too low in protein.
You must have geese rather than chickens. Chickens don't lay 100 gram eggs.
You won't know how to cure her unless you get her diagnosed by a vet or have her euthanized for a necropsy.
Her symptoms are diarrhea. That could be virtually anything.

http://extension.missouri.edu/p/G8352

Last edited:
You think bird seed and bread are healthy food for chickens because you aren't a poultry nutritionist.

Yes,Don't get me wrong birdseed is a decent food for chickens but for a whole diet yeah no,Bread is not good either, your chicken are not meeting there nutritional diet

my three and half year old ,free range chicken has been sick about 5 days, don't eat has diarrhea, 80% of what she ate is bird food such as sunflower seeds, 20% is bread and noodles.

please help me to save her!
Thanks

I would mix a heavy dose of probiotics in some plain yogurt or sour cream. I use dog probiotics that are capsules. I just empty the contents from the capsules. Put the mixture in a syringe and give it to her. It's a 2 person job; one person to hold the chicken under their arm and hold the mouth open and the other to give it the mixture a little bit at a time. A couple teaspoons full may help?

my three and half year old ,free range chicken has been sick about 5 days, don't eat has diarrhea, 80% of what she ate is bird food such as sunflower seeds, 20% is bread and noodles.

please help me to save her!
Thanks
I definitely agree with everything everyone said about not having enough protien/adequate nutrition, as HEALTHY chickens do not eat bread and noodles every day (or bird seed/scratch) because will get sick.

Hence the current situation. Another thing to mention is clean water- your hen could have some virus she picked up, and you should put a tablespoon to every gallon of water in her water bucket/tray. And mixing some yogurt and minced garlic together might help as well...

I definitely agree with everything everyone said about not having enough protien/adequate nutrition, as HEALTHY chickens do not eat bread and noodles every day (or bird seed/scratch) because will get sick.

Hence the current situation. Another thing to mention is clean water- your hen could have some virus she picked up, and you should put a tablespoon to every gallon of water in her water bucket/tray. And mixing some yogurt and minced garlic together might help as well...
additionally, she could be egg bound or in henopause because she's kinda old...idk!?

Back
Top Bottom