one of my hens got sick, what I can do for it?

hixzc

Hatching
Oct 6, 2016
my three and half year old ,free range chicken has been sick about 5 days, don't eat has diarrhea, 80% of what she ate is bird food such as sunflower seeds, 20% is bread and noodles.

please help me to save her!
Thanks

my three and half year old ,free range chicken has been sick about 5 days, don't eat has diarrhea, 80% of what she ate is bird food such as sunflower seeds, 20% is bread and noodles.

Thanks
Much more information needed. Tell us what kind of feed she's been eating for the last 3 years and when did the diet change to seeds, bread and noodles?
Chickens are omnivores and need a much more varied diet but the best thing is a complete poultry ration.
Has she ever had chicken feed?

Bread and noodles are far from appropriate for chickens.

u can't give her sunflower seeds right now

Why not?

Thanks
u can't give her sunflower seeds right now

If she suffers from diarrhea, or any type of common disease, I recommend you spray some cinnamon powder into your chickens feed.

There is a lot of natural cures, cinnamon is one of them.

Is your chicken suffering from a cold shake? Or maybe even a trauma that cause her to lose her appetite? With an effect of not eating, she might suffer from an empty stomach which can be a leading cause to death, since food source for chickens are very, extremely, important health matter.
Identify your chickens stool, is it running? Is there possibly blood in her stool? Act fast as you can, since chickens can have some quick changing dramatic effects and can die without proper care.

Hope this helps, lifewithpets2016

You have to get use to giving your chicken "chicken feed". So, set their feed tonight, they will get use to if eventually because no matter if they like it or not, they got use to something else, you got to bring it back, so by giving normal feeds to them, they shall get use to in a couple of days, never give bird seeds n this process.

Back
Top Bottom