One of my racers came home shot :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dove hunt and if I see pigeons I will shoot them. They taste just like dove and about double the size.

Sorry to hear that yours getting shot. All the ones I have ever shot were feral pigeons. I have had racing pigeons stay around my yard I could see the bands.

I know lots of people who pigeon hunt, so I'm alright with that. Especially when people make good use of the birds they bag instead of killing ferals for no good reason. But like deerman said, it's the ferals that stick around. Our racers shouldn't land but for a second to get some water, or will land usually somewhere in town if completely exhausted from a race. My birds should have been flying as hard as they could go Monday, so there's the difference
wink.png

The actual races for our combine start in a couple weeks. They should start out pretty high in the air, but it's when they get in familiar territory that you see them start skimming the trees. Unfortunately past our trees is a bunch of random fields spread out everywhere!

But anyways, yeah I know I'm pretty much just preaching. But I figured with the hunters here it'd be a start
smile.png
I'll see what I can do about the newspaper. If it can't help this season, it may help educate some people for the seasons to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom