One of our girls is missing!

She's somewhere around 11 months old...They've never gone broody before.

It sure would be nice to see her sitting up on top of the coop one of these days!

Still no sign of her.

On a hunch, we went over to our neighbor's today. They're actually the caretakers for the multi-million dollar mansion of some total SNOBS from Illinois. (Those people come on the weekends and occasionly during the summer, etc. In addition to chickens they have a miniature horse, llamas, goats, etc. in their weekend menagerie.) Well, they say they haven't seen her. So we walk on into their barn, and sitting in their nesting boxes is a reddish hen. We couldn't see all her body, but she was EXACTLY the right color to be our girl, and comb size/color was similar, also. It was kind of hard to tell.

What should we do now? Call up and ask to come over again? The FIPS (for those of you who know what that means.
roll.png
*cough* No offense to any other IL peeps. ) pulled up just as we were leaving this morning. :thun

I 2nd the DONT GIVE UP. mine came home after 3 days.she had been injured and I treated her then she ran off........I thought to die.but lo and behold she is living on her own in my bushes......wont coop up with the rest still......but she came home
yippiechickie.gif
I pray it works the same for you.

I hope shes ok too. Keep calling her, maybe she got away a liitle to far and needs help getting back. She will hear you and come. Go in the directions you seen the others come from.

Good luck, Jennifer

Do you have a picture of her you could take with you? Maybe you could explain to the caretakers, show the picture, and see if it's your hen. Perhaps she just wandered over on her own and they stuck her in the coop with the others and would be willing to give her back. I'd think it would be worth a shot at least.

Back
Top Bottom