One of the reds layed & found an egg eater! Grr!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by monarc23, Jun 10, 2009.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    One of my reds OR my red carrier hen layed an egg last night! [​IMG] [​IMG] well last night or early this morning either way they're starting up! [​IMG]

And I had been on and off having eggs eaten out of my A & M pen. Went up to the bird area today to shoo the broilers and the mallards out of my landscaping and on the way back down saw a hen delightfully finnishing up a freshly layed egg!!! [​IMG] She was culled. I'm sick of it. LOL! Now I just hope it was only HER eating them....*grumbles*.

2. :wheee Yay for the new egg!!! And glad you found that dang egg-eater. [​IMG] Hopefully she was the only one...if not, maybe the other culprit(s) will learn by seeing her fate! [​IMG]

3. tbone

tbone Songster

Jun 4, 2009
    southern illinois
    culls are tasty .......

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:lol my dog may agree [​IMG] Normally my culls go right to her as was the fate of miss egg eater [​IMG] I'm too lazy to butcher lately too hot and I have too much other crap to do so much easier to say "here... eat it" LOL!

ALso! another egg in the red pen! Which means that one of the true reds is laying! Either the red golden hen or the red hen. [​IMG] Sadly it was cracked (can you blame her, her first egg...) I opened it up beautiful bullseye so now i just wait for more eggs! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: