One Tough Roo

JRGriff

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 29, 2013
Milton, West Virginia
While visiting family on Christmas Day, our flock was free ranging. We came home to find feathers from many of our ~20 hens spread around the farm. A neighborhood dog from a mile away had visited our normally very quiet of our nick of the woods.There was only one head missing - our Brahma roo that sat 2nd seat. I was relieved to see our alpha roo had survived, but felt bad that our backup had been lost.

This morning I got a call that one of our flock was spotted nearly a mile away next to the home of the dogs that we suspected had caused the incident. My wife had done a head-count the night before and we were surprised that it was the missing roo that we had thought dead. He survived six nights and days in the tough West Virginia weather and tougher dog population with nothing except the woods for cover. We brought him home and he is now in the garage eating and drinking after the ordeal. It's very true about the Brahmas...they can be a hearty and strong breed. Very glad to have the tough boy home.

That is definitely one tough and lucky rooster. Glad he and the girls are all OK. Hope you are able to take care of the dogs that caused the incident if they return.

That is definitely one tough and lucky rooster. Glad he and the girls are all OK. Hope you are able to take care of the dogs that caused the incident if they return.

Thanks! It was ummm...taken care of
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom