One Way I Will Always Know God is Taking Care of Me

drdoolittle

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 30, 2010
NE Indiana
Someone sent me a message about one of my quotes in my signature, and I thought I'd share what I told her about it.

Here's the quote: "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."

It's so strange how I came about that quote. It was early spring, and we had just moved to a new town the October before. Our house is way out in the country on a "gravel" road. (I put that in quotes, because there is very little gravel on the road!) Anyway, I was feeling very depressed-----it's isolating out here at times, and I get that way if it's gray out for too long, but I think my hubby and I had had a quarrel on top of that, and paradise wasn't so great at the time. I decided to take the dogs for a walk down our road, and saw something white in the ditch up ahead. I got to where the white thing was, a pulled it out of the mud and weeds----it was a very large coffee cup with that peace quote on it! It completely changed my attitude that day, and whenever I'm feeling down, I think of that quote, or get that mug out and pour myself a big cup of coffee. I wish I knew who had tossed that cup from their vehicle, so I could thank them------god really does have a hand in our daily lives!
smile.png

By at the way, that quote is even helping today. Our water went out last-----we have well water, and hubby thinks the pipe in the ground rubbed against some wires, made the wires bare, and that's what's flipping the breaker switch off----so this morning, I had to bring tons of snow inside to melt and heat on the stove so I can water my animals. I'm lucky, though, as hubby knows how to fix the problem.

Last edited:
Its great how little things can be so huge for us in our time of need.

That's a wonderful story.

Beauty is all around for those who choose to see it.

I don't mind if people copy and paste it------just glad I could share it with everyone!

By the way, it's true, it takes WAY more snow than you would think to even make one gallon of water! I am so thankful we had that snowstorm----although I'm sure others would disagree with me.
smile.png

Last edited:
God bless you! Today tomorrow and always. I love to hear when people put their faith in God and look for the good in their lives.

Drdoolittle,

What a wonderful story. Sometimes our faith can be bolstered by things that happen for reasons known only to the lord. Sounds like you finding that cup that was a Godsend that has carried on in your life!

May the Lord continue to be a presence in your life,

Dave

I have a sign with that saying in my house, that I painted myself after reading that quote years ago. It's a common quote in Buddhist circles, although it is of course universal. Rather ironic that someone would throw that out a window or toss it on the ground, littering, with such a peaceful item. But I'm glad it gives you joy.

I too live WAY out in the middle of nowhere, on a dirt road, very secluded, and sometimes feel overwhelmed living alone and trying to handle daily life on my own. Little mantras like that really help re-center ourselves.

Incidentally, the only thing I've ever found on my dirt road are Budweiser cans thrown out of truck windows from the local hicks. But I pick them up and bring them home to throw them away, adding my own little "peace" to the road.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom