One Week Old Chick Crowing!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BirdBoy88, Feb 13, 2009.

1. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    lol! yup yup so true!

this morning around 2am i was heading to the bathroom when i heard a BAAAAK! sound.. so i stop and looked around and was like "hmm" oh well .. so then when i came out the bathroom i heard it again.. this time coming from the animal room so i goes in and i am standing there looking at every thing.. then i was like well maybe it's one of the Jumbo Coturnix males.. then soon as i get ready to leave out it does it again this time coming from the chick brooder so i walks over and look in and all 9 chicks are just walking around doing nothing so i stand there for about 10 minutes looking and then i see it...

One of the Naked Neck chicks is standing there then he stretches his neck up push out his wings and goes BAAAAK! and i was so shocked!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

they all just turned one week old today.. i kinda knew that naked neck chicks was a male because his comb is larger than the rest but crowing!!

my webcam doesn't work but i will try and barrow my brothers video camera so i can catch him in the act!

2. Padre

Padre Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Cute, anoying, but cute.

3. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Wow, that's the earliest I've heard of one crowing. Better get some earplugs!

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    next week, he'll be waking you up by shaking you and saying, "Hey Bub, where's the coffee?" [​IMG]

5. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    My cochin roo didn't crow until he was almost 8 months old!!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I've had that happen three times. The first was a FIVE day old Ameraucana, then a Brahma cross at 7 days then an Orpington.
    Its so cute, sounded like "buh-REEEEEEEEEEEEEET!"

7. poultryone

poultryone Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2009
    This happened once for me. It was a Leghorn and matured fast. Since then, I've never had one crow so young!

8. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    One of my jap roos did that and then just gave it up until 5months old. It only lasted 2 days before he seemed to decide it wasn't worth it.

9. tamlynn

tamlynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Torrance, CA
    Oh, don't tell me that! I need my chicks to stay quiet for 3 months if possible!

10. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Quote:Hey birdboy, looks like your turken and MissJayne's Baby Super-Roo escaped from the same Testosterone Overload Testing lab!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by