One week old chick will only use one leg

Smallark

Hatching
Apr 1, 2018
45AF62D3-F770-4B6E-A481-F2ED1EFE4772.jpeg
I have a one week old chick who will just stand on one leg and hold his other leg up. He will use it sometimes for balance but will not stand on it. He is chirping loudly constantly.

G'Day from down under Smallark :frowWelcome!

I am sorry to hear about your little one and recommend posting on the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures Forum for treatment advice.

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

No she doesn’t seem to have the same strength in the one leg. She does not wrap his claws around my finger. She will push back a little bit against my hand though

:welcome You’ve come to the right place! We’re all chicken mad here and there’s loads of friendly, knowledgeable members who will be pleased to help. Please try posting in the emergencies and diseases forum. Best of luck with you chick :fl

Back
Top Bottom