One Week old Polish chick acting weak and tired.

Compared to my other polish its not as active and seems like it falls down easy when bumbed and it holds its wings different.

I would try wet mash if you didn't already. I also used to put yogurt on my finger. Vitamins and electrolytes would be good, and I think I might just separate the chick and 1 docile buddy. Hope chick is doing better!

my 5 day old polish was doing the same thing i just thought she was being a lazy sleepy head and i did the sugar water and dripping her beak she had no pasty butt and nothing was stuck and she was eating and drinking but i lost her this morning i did noticed that she wasn't preening herself like the others were but my other polish is doing great

OP, have you looked at how the chick holds his/her legs? I had a little Buff who had splay leg so slight I couldn't tell she had It untill it was too late, She couldn't get around quick enough to beat her sisters (I hope
fl.gif
) to the feeder and the gals ate all the food before she got there.

Legs are fine. I think I am gonna try and seperate it for a bit. Ill have to got get another heat lamp today though bc I only got one.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom