One Year Old High % spalding. Proven ???

TV thats a beautiful spalding!
Heres some of my emeralds.! The male is 15/16 the hens amoumt is unknown but i would be comfortable to say at least 7/8

61756_sany0067.jpg

61756_img_4706.jpg

61756_img_6442.jpg

61756_sany0069.jpg

Last edited:
Steve first all emerald are spalding. any 3/4 green are called emerald. Myself Emeralds doesn't mean alot, as they are alot of spalding that are 3/4 or higher now.

Year ago wasn't that many , think alot of people use that term to get more for their birds.

Emeralds can be produce with two mating.
Blue X Pure green=1/2 spalding then

1/2 splading X Pure green =3/4 spalding or as some say emeralds.

Myself I think Emerald name needs dropped.

Yes with that being said your hen would be emerald.....but looks alot more than just 3/4 green

Last edited:
Quote:
one breeding past 1/2 would be 3/4 if bred to green. anyway still think emerald doesn't mean anything other than its more than a one time cross.

Like b4 think that name needs dropped IMO. Sure looks like a green got to ur 1/2 spalding hen.....nice splading thats trouble with spalding they can take after either side.

Only reason i breed spalding is to get spalding in the new colors, or patterns.

I hatch my first 50% charcoal spalding chick this year. Will be selling alot of its brothers and sisters, as they are all from 50% splading spilt charcoal parents, so only half of them will be split charcoal. can't tell by lookin at them either.

OK, I did a paper trail and this hen is out of a 1/2 hen and a 7/8 male. I am no good at doing the % but I wouldn't guess she would be 3/4, "but if the old boy in TN had her it would be a pure java".

Well your right she is not 3/4 , so she wouldn't be a emerald. Now she look more green that some i have seen being called greens.

Thats my point, emerald spalding can look green or blue...and heck she isn't a emerald. she is 11/16 that real near a emerald

Just because a bird is 3/4 doesn't even mean it will be green in color.

Now how many breeder are sell emerald spalding. that don't meet the 3/4 rule. just by the looks.

I know some top breeders of spalding that don't get the % right.

Best way if you truely know the % of the birds.

(1/2 div by 2)+(7/8 div by 2)
sad.png
8/16 div 2)+(14/16 div by 2)=4/16 +7/16=11/16

So Steve all those chicks from that pr are 11/16 Spalding.

Thats how the math works , but the birds may get more genes from either side.

Back
Top Bottom