Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Those are pretty, and very practical. Are they wide bottom or just a fold over type?
They have a boxed type bottom, a few inches wide and stiff, fabric covered inserts for some extra stability. I'm quilting out my stash with smaller projects because there is going to come a time when I won't have room for the supplies and the entire setup. Bags seem a good way to do some of that.

I have bags finished and just don't know what to do with them. I did a giveaway on my channel and she chose the rooster one. These are left. Not sure I want to do more now. I'm bagged-out, LOL
DSC06776.JPG

Been awhile, friends. I put my Janome 7700 in a box for months. Just got it back out and am almost finished quilting a lap quilt, but I want to get a bit less of a machine and sell the Horizon. I'm trying to choose between the Juki HZL G220 and the newer brand Eversewn Sparrow QE (Quilter's Edition). They both have about the same throat space, not going to make big quilts anymore. I don't make clothing, either. I want a free arm for making things like bags and repairing jeans, etc. I hear that Eversewn comes from the family that makes Bernina and most seem to love the stitches it makes, but I'm familiar with Juki. I am looking on Ebay and can get either for between $ 500-700, brand new. Which would you choose and why?
Eversewn Sparrow QE
Juki HZL G220

What I'm going now, another Disappearing 9 Patch. I did a tutorial on my YouTube channel for this, figured I'd better actually quilt it. Just doing my usual sloppy free motion stuff.
DSC07410.JPG

Looking at the pages for each, I would go with the JUKI.

The Sparrow is nice with the knee lift, but I only use my knee lift when I am doing bigger quilts - so maybe not as important for the kinds of sewing you are going to do now.

The JUKI I have is a powerful machine and will sew through thicker stuff than my other sewing machine - it is a workhorse. I think the JUKI will sew better through the thicker fabrics that you will be using for crafts.

I like having an alphabet available on my machine. The JUKI has a font available and .

Another Juki fan here too. I looked at Eversewn a while back mostly for a smaller travel and extra machine, because hauling around my Juki TL 2010Q is not fun, but did not get one. Then the pandemic hit and going to guild meetings or needing a travel machine went kaput.

But I just love the durability and power of Jukis. So much so, my long time desire of getting a Janome 8900 has been replaced by a desire for some of the newest Jukis in the same class. I have knee lifts on a couple of my machines but I've never used them.

I may skip the Eversewn unless I can just get it for much, much less than the Juki I'm researching. The Eversewn QE sells for $799 normally and I think I found one new that I may be able to get for under $500. They both have the same throat space, much smaller than my Janome, slightly under 8" compared to 11", but larger than the cute little Brother I learned to piece on, which was just about 5".

I may skip the Eversewn unless I can just get it for much, much less than the Juki I'm researching. The Eversewn QE sells for $799 normally and I think I found one new that I may be able to get for under $500. They both have the same throat space, much smaller than my Janome, slightly under 8" compared to 11", but larger than the cute little Brother I learned to piece on, which was just about 5".
I learned to piece and quilt on an itty bitty Brother too! I think maybe 4.5"? About the size of my fist, and I have small hands. 😆
Oh, the quilting yoga I did on that little machine trying to push twins and fulls through it while not dragging it across the kitchen table.

How did/do you like your Janome? Though I'm pretty settled on eventually getting a Juki Kirei HZL-NX7, I've toyed with the idea of trying out a Janome MC 6650 if I ever get a chance. I use a cheap little 4" hoop embroidery machine for quilt labels so don't need the letters, but I do like to use decorative stitches on non-quilt things.

Back
Top Bottom