Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

This is the last queen size quilt I will ever do so here she is in progress....simple free motion design because it's just so busy in pattern and fabric as it is.
DSC06344.JPG
DSC06346.JPG

DSC06347.JPG

Ladyhawk sent me a message just now and it involves a quilt she had me make quite some time ago, thought you'd get a kick out of it so posting exactly as written.

So about four years or so ago, I had you make a pink and seafoam green quilt for little Ava who was very very sick. Well her Mom and I were chatting on FB recently after a gymnastics competition Ava did....she told me a hysterical story that included you in it. LOL first let my preface by saying Ava is still a sweetie and generous to a fault child...she took all of her birthday money and went to thrift stores and bought sweaters, jackets and coats and took them to an orphanage outside Atlanta and gave them away. BUT and here is the funny thing....

Ava had a friend over to spend the night...said friend was going to watch a movie on the couch with Ava but wanted a woobie....said friend went to Ava's room as Leigh told her but she made the apparent HUGE mistake of grabbing the quilt. Leigh was in the kitchen when All hell broke loose. Little friend crying, Ava screaming and the scene was this....Leigh walked into living room Ava had blanket in one hand, one foot on friend who was on floor crying and Ava was screaming "Never touch my quilt EVER my grandma Cathie had it made just for me by my Grandma Bacon...Don't Ever TOUCH it!". 🤣😂

Leigh was so flabbergasted it took her a second to calm everyone down from Ava's meltdown. She said she has never seen Ava like that or even close.

Sooooo Grandma Bacon...again your quilts are a hit and you are a Grandma Hahahahaha

I haven't posted for a while and a lot has gone on. I finally got my sewing room finished. Here is a video tour. It's so light and bright and I love being in my 3rd story sanctuary.

I just finished this quilt top. The pattern is Big Stars Little Stars by Cozy Quilt Designs. Fun to make and the pattern was easy to follow. It measures about 70 x 80. I highly recommend their patterns.
bigstarlittlestar.jpg

I also lost my ducks almost a month ago to a neighborhood dog. I am still having trouble processing it and have had a lot of trouble sleeping. The geese are finally coming out of their trauma. If anyone thinks geese can't feel, they are wrong. I still can't talk much about it.

I am researching new longarms. I would like a larger one. Mine is an HQ16 and I would love a 24 or 26 inch one. I test drove an APQS Lucey last Saturday, which is a 26 inch throat machine. I retire in about 7 years, so that's my plan....to upgrade by then. I still have lots of research to do.

Anyway, I have been following this thread. I just haven't been posting.

The quilts are gorgeous, Terri. I finished and sold my latest one. NO more bed quilts for me. Too hard with my husband's issues and I just have lost some of my interest. I realize that if something happens to him, I cannot afford to continue the hobby anyway, can't buy fabric, etc.
DSC06376.JPG

Those are very pretty quilts!
DH has been working on the Carft Shed that weekend. So much work yet to do, but I really need to measure it up, decide what I want in there, and decide on storage options. We bought 6 4-drawer file cabinets from my work for $5. They moved offices and the had to buy special file cabinets for the new cubicles.
I need to decide how to make the file cabinets mouse proof for storage.

I haven't posted for a while and a lot has gone on. I finally got my sewing room finished. Here is a video tour. It's so light and bright and I love being in my 3rd story sanctuary.

I just finished this quilt top. The pattern is Big Stars Little Stars by Cozy Quilt Designs. Fun to make and the pattern was easy to follow. It measures about 70 x 80. I highly recommend their patterns.
View attachment 2042248

I also lost my ducks almost a month ago to a neighborhood dog. I am still having trouble processing it and have had a lot of trouble sleeping. The geese are finally coming out of their trauma. If anyone thinks geese can't feel, they are wrong. I still can't talk much about it.

I am researching new longarms. I would like a larger one. Mine is an HQ16 and I would love a 24 or 26 inch one. I test drove an APQS Lucey last Saturday, which is a 26 inch throat machine. I retire in about 7 years, so that's my plan....to upgrade by then. I still have lots of research to do.

Anyway, I have been following this thread. I just haven't been posting.
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your ducks! How horrible for you to have happen. :hugs

The sewing room is incredible! It looks like a lot of planning went into getting some great organization and working spaces. :bow:thumbsup

Beautiful T. I am trying to "quilt out" some of my fabrics. Winding down my hobby, selling my Janome 7700 and keeping my Brother 1500, but overall, I'm burned out. Too much other stuff happening in my life so I'm going to use what I can and sell the rest. I did a lap quilt from the left over fabrics from the last queen size I made and my sister in law bought it, using some spring fabrics for another small, simple quilt now, but I hurt my knee somehow and getting up and down from the machine is very painful.
DSC06467.JPG
DSC06481.JPG

I get the burnout Cyn. That's why I only do one craft show a year. It keeps it fun instead of being a job. Plus I have 11 months to prepare for it, which also keeps it fun.
I'm glad you are keeping a machine. You never know when the bug will strike again.

Beautiful quilts! You have the seam matching down!!!

Back
Top Bottom