Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

No, it's not near me. I got your PM and answered, but had to turn off my ad blockers. Never had to do that!
That quilt made me pull out what was left of my hair, lemme tell ya. It was mostly machine issues on two different machines.

Thanks for the compliment. It looks fine from a distance, but you can tell where I became frustrated and had machine issues, but she is DONE! I would love to have the new Grace Company Little Rebel, but it's about $2600 now and not on the second hand market yet.

Last edited:
Thanks so much @Ninjasquirrel. I call myself a recovering perfectionist, as you can imagine.
I have some good news, though...I bought a machine for the best price ever. I had my eye on the Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8200QCP, pretty much the same as the older 7700 I had, but with an improved feed system and lacking the big jog dial in front that I never loved. I guess good things come to those who wait, eh? It was just shipped so will update when it arrives. I missed that 11" throat space on my 7700, shouldn't have sold it.
8200.jpg

Thanks so much @Ninjasquirrel. I call myself a recovering perfectionist, as you can imagine.
I have some good news, though...I bought a machine for the best price ever. I had my eye on the Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8200QCP, pretty much the same as the older 7700 I had, but with an improved feed system and lacking the big jog dial in front that I never loved. I guess good things come to those who wait, eh? It was just shipped so will update when it arrives. I missed that 11" throat space on my 7700, shouldn't have sold it.
8200.jpg

It's actually too much machine for what I do, but this is one of the more affordable offerings for quilting, I think. I sold my other because I could not find anyone to service it and being computerized, it was only a matter of time before it needed it. Now, I have two repair guys who do Janome and are reasonably priced so I feel okay getting this one (which is very much the same machine as the 7700, great reputation, but no annoying jog dial).
I still can't sell my Juki HZL G220, which is an okay machine. Could be few folks have any $$ to buy it, bargain though it is.
My dream machine is completely out of my reach, the Little Rebel by Grace Company. Maybe one day if I continue the craft, who knows? I am leery of spending that much on a sewing machine even if I have the cash, priorities and such.

Love that....quilting roomba. The only thing I could think of was a stitch regulator, but seems that's what they'd call it, if it was that.

ADDING: Found this...
The PC Quilter (PCQ) is a quilting robot. It replaces/augments the free-motion carriage on your machine quilting frame. The PCQ works with all midarms and longarms and with almost all quilting frames. There are two versions of the PCQ. One version allows you to simply put your sewing machine on top of the PCQ. With the other version, you place the PCQ next to your sewing machine carriage. In either case, the PCQ then moves your sewing machine around on your quilting frame just like you do when you are free-motion quilting (only a lot more accurately)!

The BIG difference is that the PC Quilter is controlled by your home computer and is amazingly accurate! It comes with all the software you need to run the robot and digitize your own patterns. Even better is that there are now over 3,000 individual quilting patterns available for the PC Quilter......(and so on)

I saw that awhile back. Amazing the mysteries of common items.
I'm piecing a quilt now on my Janome 8200. Makes my Juki look like absolute junk, though, to be fair my Juki has an MSRP around $1200 or so but the Janome an MSRP of around $2000-2500, depending on where you find the information. It's not the same type machine, really. Will post the quilt in progress when I'm a bit further along with it. It will be a mystery how big this is going to be. It's medallion style, making from the center outward; just don't want it to be more than twin size.

This one is turning out to be a challenge. I felt with the very distinct, graphic shapes, this ought to have some ruler quilting/dot-to-dot. I have a difficult time with ruler work, never comes out the way I envision. But, I'm committed now and I'm taking what Angela Walters says to heart-if you goof up, just keep making echo lines and quilt all around it and it won't be as noticeable. But because the lines are straight-ish (you'd think they would be really straight with a ruler, sheesh), it may not be easy to hide. It was great...until I tried to quilt it, LOL. The machine is a dream, so not her fault, all mine. A masterpiece it won't even come close to being. At least my machine is not the culprit this time. It's like a train wreck-you can't look away, but with quilting, you see it getting worse and you just...can't...STOP!

I bought some more Fil-Tec Glide thread for this quilt at an online small business called Quilted Joy run by another lady named Angela who has a YouTube channel, though I didn't know about her channel until after I ordered the thread. Great prices and she sent a hand written note in the box. I had a small cone of the color I decided to use, but it was over half used so I got the king size one in the same color so I'm sure not to run out. It's going to take me some time to get my mojo back, I guess. At least I'm not fighting a sucky machine now. The only thing that sucks is me at ruler quilting. 🙄
I almost never use white in a quilt. I did a few times, but white anything is a no-no around this place including fabric, clothes, shoes, towels, etc.

Back
Top Bottom