Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Doing this half log cabin quilt, also called the chevron log cabin block. I just found out that my nephew's new baby, due in May, is another girl so this will be her baby quilt.

I like this setting for it, but what color for the setting triangles, do you think? I will most likely do a border after that, but that is easier to choose since it will be separated from the actual blocks.

I have this fabric that is used in a few places in the body of the quilt (see it on the right side of the blocks) maybe would have enough to do the setting triangles, not sure. If you have other suggestions, would love to hear them.

Last edited:
Hey, glad to follow to the new thread...

I like the rose, but does it look as nice if you put it against all of the reds on the other side? It does work beautifully against the teal. On the other side you have some pinks that will run into it and I worry about loosing the sharpness of the block edges.

I could be totally overthinking it though, lol.

What color do you think the border is going to be?

Hey, glad to follow to the new thread...

I like the rose, but does it look as nice if you put it against all of the reds on the other side? It does work beautifully against the teal. On the other side you have some pinks that will run into it and I worry about loosing the sharpness of the block edges.

I could be totally overthinking it though, lol.

What color do you think the border is going to be?

I haven't thought that far, just put this up today after I finished the last two blocks. If I put teal/turquoise on the triangles, it will run into the same on the right side. If I put pink or deep rose, it runs into that on the other side. So, you see my dilemma. Now, I could add a completely different color, but what? It's a baby quilt so...hmm.

OH, I got it! How about a HOT pink? Not this exact one, but I'll buy another. Shown on both sides.

Last edited:
What about a very soft buttery yellow or cream?

I admire your eye for color. I have to admit I would end up pulling one of every color I had in stock and laying it behind the squares to check it!
1f606.png

Let me see what I have to put up there in a buttery yellow. BRB

Here are some choices. I don't like the yellow. Maybe lavender? But, I still think a hot pink of some type might work just not the one I have.

Last edited:
You know me Cyn...I'm not a quilter, just an appreciater of them, lol. I actually like the lighter shade of pink in your first post. I think it looks nice against both the teal and the redder sides.

You know me Cyn...I'm not a quilter, just an appreciater of them, lol. I actually like the lighter shade of pink in your first post. I think it looks nice against both the teal and the redder sides.

Appreciate the input, Debby. I can't concentrate much on this anymore today. DH took Finn to get his yearly shots and my EE hen, June, is in a pet carrier in the house, possibly breathing her last. I may have to put it aside for awhile and get back to it later today.

Appreciate the input, Debby. I can't concentrate much on this anymore today. DH took Finn to get his yearly shots and my EE hen, June, is in a pet carrier in the house, possibly breathing her last. I may have to put it aside for awhile and get back to it later today.

So sorry to hear about June. That would make it difficult to concentrate on other things.
hugs.gif

Sorry to hear about June, your quilt needs to take a back seat for a while...

I agree that the yellow looks too harsh against the other colors. I think your first instict was right and a shade of pink will do the trick.

I would get a light shade and a hotter shade and see which works better.

Back
Top Bottom