Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics
Yes, Kathryn, I did! We've just been distracted with family dramas, my husband's brother died, then one of his sisters' husbands had a heart attack and garden and chickens and HEAT/HUMIDITY, ack! Not much quilting will be happening until fall, I think.
Here is what I made with it.
View attachment 1096502

Sorry to hear about the family, and certainly understand why it has kept you away from quilting...many other outdoor activities to keep us all occupied this time of year, for sure!

Sorry to hear about the family, and certainly understand why it has kept you away from quilting...many other outdoor activities to keep us all occupied this time of year, for sure!

Thanks, Karen, hope all's well with you. I fear unless I start giving away my quilted projects, I'll have to stop so I don't have to move just to give them their own separate room! But, I have to do it so when the weather is cooler and we have some of our firewood cut, I'll be back at it.

I took down my design wall. I have to take a break from quilting for awhile. First of all, I have so many projects in a cabinet that there is no more room for them, no one is buying right now. I can't sell anything at all. I hope when the holiday season comes around, someone will want something that doesn't come from the overpriced mall or Walmart. Second, too much going on, too hot to think about handling fabric and I'm fresh out of ideas right now.

I took down my design wall. I have to take a break from quilting for awhile. First of all, I have so many projects in a cabinet that there is no more room for them, no one is buying right now. I can't sell anything at all. I hope when the holiday season comes around, someone will want something that doesn't come from the overpriced mall or Walmart. Second, too much going on, too hot to think about handling fabric and I'm fresh out of ideas right now.

Sorry for the loss in your family Cyn. I hope after your break and with cooler weather, you'll get back to it again...you're too talented not too and I've enjoyed seeing your work.

Just read through your thread and wanted to say that I loved seeing your lovely quilts come together! Absolutely beautiful! I'm a quilting "newbie" and love connecting with other quilters.
Totally understand about needing to take a break for a while though too, it's a lot of mental work. Looking forward to seeing your future creations. Take care! :)

Ps - I have a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with my stitch ripper too. ;)

I haven't thought that far, just put this up today after I finished the last two blocks. If I put teal/turquoise on the triangles, it will run into the same on the right side. If I put pink or deep rose, it runs into that on the other side. So, you see my dilemma. Now, I could add a completely different color, but what? It's a baby quilt so...hmm.

OH, I got it! How about a HOT pink? Not this exact one, but I'll buy another. Shown on both sides.

Oh I am sew happy to know that there are other quilters on this board besides me! Is this the courthouse steps or similar?

Oh I am sew happy to know that there are other quilters on this board besides me! Is this the courthouse steps or similar?
It's just a log cabin variation, drawing a blank on the name of it right now. It's really easy to do.

Just read through your thread and wanted to say that I loved seeing your lovely quilts come together! Absolutely beautiful! I'm a quilting "newbie" and love connecting with other quilters.
Totally understand about needing to take a break for a while though too, it's a lot of mental work. Looking forward to seeing your future creations. Take care! :)

Ps - I have a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with my stitch ripper too. ;)

Thanks for checking out the thread! I hope to get back to quilting when the winds and snow are blowing this winter, but I still have the problem of having somewhere to put it all. No one is buying stuff right now and my cabinet is full, though I did just sell that lap quilt just mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom